Skip to main content

Featured

Health Supplements you should be taking

Hello once again! Here is a list of supplements you should likely be taking. Note that this is not medical advice, and some supplements are tolerated better by some people than others due to health / genetic factors. Generally, taking excessive amounts of supplements do not increase benefits, so stick to reasonable dosages. There is some variation between male and female in terms of requirements, I'm more familiar with male physiology and supplementing. There are some supplements I will mention that are not OTC, or are special prescription, which I may or may not take myself, and are not freely available. These supplement types are generally more expensive and less accessible, but I will discuss them also. Ideally you would start supplementing in your mid to late 20's. Most people only discover vitamins/supplements later in life when they begin to feel run-down, and by that point a lot of 'damage' has already been done to your body, which is accelerated with life
Time to Blog a bit more seriously perhaps.

Well today is a Sunday, on Thursday morning I resized a VM data drive (so not the VM boot drive). I will talk about Thursday a bit.

Firstly VMware Converter Stand-alone was installed and a full server clone made (always a great idea...).

Next in vSphere vCenter 4.0, set a new size on the VM disk. The VM was powered down briefly, A GParted ISO was mounted on it's virtual CD drive and booted. Yes I'm aware there are lots of fancy ways of re-sizing, one I would try to avoid is diskpart however. I should mention I have a vSphere 4.0 server and two ESXi servers in a cluster now. Much has transpired since my last blogs.

I had to re-size the extended partition first, then re-sized the D: partition within that, well Gparted would refer to it as /dev/sda2 or something similar. Now as Gparted does not have VMTools you have to be very careful with mouse use and it is actually better to drive it entirely with the keyboard to avoid a mistake.

Finally once satisfied with the change, I committed the operation and it ran. Once complete, I then dismounted the ISO and disabled the virtual CD drive.

The VM was rebooted and ran a chkdsk over this newly re-sized disk in Win23K. All was well. I decided to also take this opportunity to apply the requisite Windows Updates. So instead of the whole process taking 5 minutes it took around 8 or 9.

Today however, I switched on Volume Shadow Copy to enable the quick retrieval of files if it ever became necessary on two of the servers including this newly re-sized data drive.

All is well.


Comments

Popular Posts